[Wine] Re: Trouble installing packages with Winetricks

F_style wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 11 19:01:47 CDT 2010

OK, installed old DBabble 2.2 in a clean wineprefix, uninstalled, installed the new DBabble 2.9 in the same prefix, and this was the log (DBabble29i.exe is the installer, I renamed it):

Code:
User at linux-e9or:~/Downloads> wine DBabble29i.exe
User at linux-e9or:~/Downloads> fixme:winsock:WSACancelAsyncRequest (0xdeae),stub
wine: Unhandled exception 0x0eedfade at address 0x7b8388c9 (thread 001e), starting debugger...
err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 816 bytes in thread 001e eip b75be0df esp 00241000 stack 0x240000-0x241000-0x340000
^C

I had to hit Ctrl+C to get back to the console. But the point is, this time I GOT THE ERROR MESSAGE that version 2.2 gives me and only visible when I installed Visual C++ winetricks. After this DBabble closes is closed. Message only tells to send the error log to the devs.

Now, installed DBabble 2.9 in a clean wineprefix. The log:

Code:
User at linux-e9or:~/Downloads> wine DBabble29i.exe
User at linux-e9or:~/Downloads> fixme:winsock:WSACancelAsyncRequest (0xdeae),stub
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
^C

No error message this time and DBabble indeed kept working, although I had to hit Ctrl+C even after normally closing DBabble.

When just running DBabble 2.9 with Wine from its directory, I get this:

Code:
User at linux-e9or:~/Downloads> wine DBabble29i.exe
User at linux-e9or:~/Downloads>fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
^C

Version 2.2 doesn't generate any log messages at all. Also ran version 2.9 with WINEDEBUG=+loaddll, the dll list is almost the same as 2.2. So the newer DBabble does pop errors...

Does this info tell anything? I'm still looking for help, thanks.