[Wine] Re: Wine apps load from Ubuntu application munu but not from cli

RLG23 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 11 21:38:36 CDT 2010

vitamin wrote:
> Where is that link that works? Post it's content here. And I'm not just talking about command. I'm talking about the entire content of that .desktop file.

Here is the content of the .desktop launcher:

#!/usr/bin/env xdg-open

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword
Exec=env WINEPREFIX="/home/ryan/.wine" wine "C:\\Program Files\\Firaxis Games\\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\\Beyond the Sword\\Civ4BeyondSword.exe"
Type=Application
StartupNotify=true
Path=/home/ryan/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword
Icon=/home/ryan/.local/share/icons/0a2b_civ4beyondsword.0.png

When I run the command in the Exec line (or any other wine command using that exe) I get some errors. But the final error is:

X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  159 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
  Serial number of failed request:  1147

But when I launch the .desktop file I don't see the term output but it does not crash the program.