[Wine] Re: Can't install Office 2007 on Ubuntu 10.04

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 12 08:16:21 CDT 2010

davidbr wrote:
> I am trying to install my (legal copy!) of Microsoft Office 2007 on Ubuntu 10.04.
>
> The setup begins, but then I'm prompted with a "Browse for Folder" window saying Setup cannot find Office.en-us\OfficeMUISet.xml". I can see this file in the exacts same directory, so I don't understand why it can't find it.
>
> I gave full permissions to all my Office 2007 directory.
>
> I also tried running `winetricks msxml3` before installation - didn't help.

What version of Wine? If it's not the latest development release, upgrade. Install to a clean wineprefix (nothing else installed, no winetricks or other tweaks).

Make sure your cd drive is mapped in winecfg. Do not try to install from an iso. If this is a downloaded version with a self-extracting installer, do not extract it manually; just run it.

If it still doesn't install, run the installer from a terminal and post the complete output, including the command you used to run it.