[Wine] WOW won't start after installing Ubuntu 10.10

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Tue Oct 12 15:59:32 CDT 2010

  On 10/12/2010 04:17 PM, Varurg wrote:
> My WOW worked fine on ubuntu 10.04. Today I installed 10.10 and the wine from the Software Center, tried to start WOW from the previous WOW folder, and got this message:
>
> Exe:      Z:\home\csababogyo\WOW\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe

Is that the default location wine placed it in when you installed it in
Ubuntu 10.04? My installs always land in home\.wine\drive_c\Program
Files\World of Warcraft\  (Launcher.exe or Wow.exe). If you saved the
folder from your previous install, are you sure you moved it back or
symlinked to the correct location?