[Wine] Wine and WoW Cataclysm Patch 4.0 troubleshooting thread

mw13068 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 12 19:40:45 CDT 2010

Hello,

The WoW 4.0 Cataclysm patch landed today, and there's bound to be lots of questions about getting it running in wine.

My current status is that I've downloaded the patch and installed it.  I've got the new (original WoW) login screen graphic.  Once I login, I see a new character background and then a "downloading update" message.  Wine crashes moments later.

I'll try what I can think of to resolve this and report back.