[Wine] Wine and WoW Cataclysm Patch 4.0 troubleshooting thread

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Wed Oct 13 07:46:40 CDT 2010

  On 10/12/2010 08:40 PM, mw13068 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The WoW 4.0 Cataclysm patch landed today, and there's bound to be lots of questions about getting it running in wine.
>

> My current status is that I've downloaded the patch and installed it.  I've got the new (original WoW) login screen graphic.  Once I login, I see a new character background and then a "downloading update" message.  Wine crashes moments later.
>
> I'll try what I can think of to resolve this and report back.

Assuming you didn't get this fixed last night, check your list of
processes running. The downloader left several zombies running on my
system that kept the next updater from working properly. As soon as I
nuked the zombie launchers the next update worked fine.

General info - was able to load in and do everything I normally would in
game, run randoms, etc. with no problems using wine 1.3.1, Fedora 13,
nvidia 6150se, nvidia driver 256.53.