[Wine] Fwd: Re: Any progress on bug 16147?

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 13 09:19:25 CDT 2010

Robert Benjamin <benjie1 at cox.net> wrote:
>Sent: Oct 13, 2010 4:26 AM
>To: wine-users at winehq.org
>Subject: Re: [Wine] Fwd: Re: Any progress on bug 16147?
>
>Just wondering why I haven't had a reply about the webcam problem
>with iSpQ and icuii. There are a few previous posts about testing the
>cam from Gert but nothing lately.

Maybe because no one is working on this (mostly) voluteer project on webcams at this time, or someone is quietly doing so and will release a fix when it is ready.  Gert may be doing so.  Have you filed or updated a bug report with this information?  If so, progress will be reported through the bugzilla and not here.

>Is it a priority problem that puts webcams at the bottom of the list?

No, getting a patch into Wine is a lengthy and necessarily difficult process.  This takes time (I have been working on a patch for over two years to add a function to richedit and continue to do so.)  There have been patches for non-storage USB devices, like WebCams that were submitted and rejected, several times.

Again, be patient.  It will take time, sometimes a long time, for a proper fix to be created to allow webcams to be used with Wine.  You have been told this several times by several people.

James McKenzie