[Wine] wine stopped printing

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Wed Oct 13 10:24:22 CDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 07:49 -0500, sapoleon wrote:
> Until yesterday, I was printing normally. No problems at all, and
> quite happy.
>
> But... I can not print today. From wine. I can print form Ubuntu
> without problems, but when I try to print from wine (even the notepad)
> it does not respond. I can see the printer, but nothing.
>
> Anything I should be trying to detect the problem? to look for a
> solution?

Did you update Ubuntu since the printer last worked and, if so, was
there an update to CUPS?

What are the symptoms? By that I mean what happens when you try these:
- does CUPS see your printer and show it as the default printer?
- if so, can CUPS print a test page?
- can your program find the CUPS print server?
- if it can find the print server, can it send print jobs to CUPS
  and can you see them in the print queue?
- if you can see them in the print queue, can you make them print
  or delete them?

Martin