[Wine] Wine and WoW Cataclysm Patch 4.0 troubleshooting thread

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Fri Oct 15 11:19:06 CDT 2010

  On 10/15/2010 09:08 AM, mw13068 wrote:
> Related to my last post:
>
> My home computer (where WoW 4.x has the "internal error"):
> OS: Ubuntu 10.10
> Kernel: 2.6.35-22-generic #34-Ubuntu SMP
> Video: nVidia (using nvidia driver)
> Wine: wine-1.2

I don't use Ubuntu and didn't keep the emails to directly refer you to
them, but there have been posts both here and on the Ubuntu forums about
a conflict/bug when using certain combinations of kernel versions and
nvidia driver versions. I might be worth a search to find more about
that and rule it out. It seems possible since the game works on the
computer that has an ATI card using the same kernel. Those posts should
have information on which kernel and/or video drivers to drop back to
and see if that works.