[Wine] Problem with opened sockets

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 15 19:02:23 CDT 2010

  On 10/15/10 3:58 PM, DaVince wrote:
> PumaMD wrote:
>> big thanks my problem is solved ,program is running from root 8)
> You're not running Wine from root, though, right? Because that messes things up.
I think there is a mis-understanding in that you have to run ulimit -n
to up the number of available files as root.  Running Wine as root is
not a good idea as the inherent safety of running it in userspace is
diminished.  It also prevents running Wine in the future as a particular
user IF you ran it as sudo or as su (not su -).  Running Wine as root
should build the Wine 'fake' structure in root's home directory.  I'll
have to try this with my Linux installation.

James McKenzie