[Wine] Astrosynthesis anyone?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 16 02:30:18 CDT 2010

  On 10/16/10 12:12 AM, sfatula wrote:
> I can't get this to work in wine. Using version 1.3.5, and the current Astrosynthesis program. I install the program, and execute it. X11 window pops up, and, nothing. Nothing is displayed. I have tried endless settings, different OS versions, you name it, can't seem to get past the blank screen.

Are you starting the program from terminal (Applications -> Utilities ->
terminal.app)?

If not, can you do so and create a log file?  The instructions are at:
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log

Then can you upload the log file to a site like pastebin.com and then
put the URL to the log file in an entry in this forum thread?

Also, is there a test/demo version of this program available and does
this happen with that version?  I would like to try it with my system
which I have installed Wine 1.3.3 from Fink.

Thank you.

James McKenzie