[Wine] Re: Trouble installing packages with Winetricks

F_style wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 16 14:37:17 CDT 2010

Background:
When I used "WINEDEBUG=+loaddll wine (NameOfDBabbleInstaller).exe" it gave me a list of loaded and unloaded dlls but no errors (log in first page). So I intended to use the Windows native versions of all those dlls except kernel32.dll, gdi32.dll, user32.dll, and ntdll.dll. In the Wine Config documentation it's said some native libraries must be installed rather than just copied from a Windows installation and suggested to use Winetricks. So I installed riched20, dcom98 and comctl32 packages, copied the rest of dlls into Wine's system32 and added their corresponding overrides in winecfg (not all the dlls are listed, such as ws2_32, so I only added the ones included in the list). Then I got the logs above. By the way, when I install comctl32 Winetricks it always makes Wine Uninstaller crash.

Now, the point is I don't get very well what do you mean. You say Wine doesn't have a LINKINFO.dll, but NEITHER I copied it from Windows and pasted in Wine's system32. So I would think Wine is complaining about not finding this dll. Is this what you mean?

Also, when I copy a Windows native dll that is not included in Wine in its system32 directory, do I have to also add its override in winecfg?