[Wine] Fwd: Re: Any progress on bug 16147?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 16 14:47:19 CDT 2010

  On 10/16/10 11:09 AM, Robert Benjamin wrote:

> On 10/16/2010 1:26 PM, James McKenzie wrote:
>>  On 10/13/10 4:26 AM, Robert Benjamin wrote:
>>>     Just wondering why I haven't had a reply about the webcam
>>> problem with iSpQ and icuii. There are a few previous posts about
>>> testing the cam from Gert but nothing lately. Is it a priority
>>> problem that puts webcams at the bottom of the list? Hope not.
>>> Thanks for a reply
>> As I stated before, Wine support for USB devices is underway, but is
>> slow going.  It will take time for this to be fixed.  Several
>> attempts at this were not correct and were returned for improvements
>> and further fixes.
>>
>> Also can you get a copy of Cheese to test with?  I just reviewed bug
>> report 16147 which you have put comments into which states that this
>> did work.
>>
>> I'll see if the webcam that comes with my Mac will work or not....
>>
>> There is a native Mac version but it is one version lower than the
>> Windows version.
>>
>> James McKenzie

> Thanks James. I have a copy of cheese and it works fine. Appreciate
> the update. Would it do any good to email say iSpQ and ask if they are
> planning to make their program available for Linux  :-)  They have it
> available for Mac and Windows. Icuii only for windows. Thanks again.
Never hurts to ask.  They might just be working on one.  It is a long
leap though from using the Windowing systems of Windows/Mac to X11 (I've
helped projects go the other way for providing native Mac programs.)

I'm going to give it a go later this afternoon.

Do you have a location where I can get ICUII?

BTW, Bob, your messages are showing up as a reply, not original text.
You might want to put in an extra line between the text you are replying
to and your reply.

James McKenzie