[Wine] Re: pulseaudio under ubuntu lucid

Loadus wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 17 11:31:55 CDT 2010

Interesting to read this, since I haven't had audio working in Maverick almost at all. In Lucid, I could use the OSS driver and it worked on all WINE programs that I used.

Now with Maverick, the pulseaudio version seems to be really different - my mixer was gone with only one volume slider with the name of my audio card on it. And audio in WINE is gone. Only one I can use is the ESounD output but it sounds like a directX sound with no buffers (choppy, rattling and clicking).

If I uninstall pulseaudio and use ALSA, none of the output modules in WINE work ("Audio test failed."). I installed OSS so I could use the OSS driver, but that doesn't work either - in the Audio Selection list OSS gives no Wave Out devices.

Audio works fine in Kubuntu - music, notifications etc.

After many hours of tweaking and searching for help, I'm out of options. :D

Running Kubuntu 10.10 64-bit
WINE 1.3.5
Audiocard: Terratec Aureon Space 7.1 (ICE1724)