[Wine] Wine 1.3.1 X_CreateWindow Error

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 17 20:42:52 CDT 2010

  On 10/16/10 8:38 PM, vitamin wrote:
> lalop wrote:
>> I have an NVIDIA card but use the noveau drivers
> noveau is pretty much useless for anything other then simplistic windowing stuff and rudimentary 3D. In simple words - Wine can't use it for most games.
True, but for some 'older' model nVidia cards, noveau is the ONLY way to
go, the Proprietary nVidia driver will not support the card.

With that being said, noveau has a way to go to provide the same support
as the nVidia driver and this is either due to a lack of documentation
or the inability to 'black box' the proprietary driver.

> If you can't install Nvidia drivers, seek help on your distro's forum.

Again, nVidia/AMD drivers are NOT available for all video cards and if
the system is a laptop, the video subsystem is not swappable anyway (you
are stuck with what you got in the box.)

Lastly, Fedora and several other Linux distributions throw up 'tainted
kernel' messages when you use closed drivers.

James McKenzie