[Wine] bad fonts in day of defeat source

cteeto wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 17 22:32:41 CDT 2010

All fonts displayed in day of defeat source ( at the main menu [Find servers...Options...] in sub-menus, and chat in game) all seem to be missing letters. At first glance the words look scrambled but looking closer, just some letters of the alphabet are not being displayed. Usually this is about half the alphabet making most text unreadable. Sometimes when I run dod, this doesn't happen, but that is only about 10% of the time. I really would like to play the game but it is hard to do when you cant read text. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I am using linux mint 9 with wine 1.3.5, and I also use cairo-dock and compiz