[Wine] Re: Wine on Windows

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 18 21:27:59 CDT 2010

Alien wrote:
> I've been trying to compile Wine on Cygwin with the idea of running Windows apps through an X server.

Unless you have a full understanding of all the Wine parts you won't get anywhere. And it seems you don't. The only person who does is AJ.

Long story short - you can't just remove major parts and expect things to work. Wine won't work with native core dlls - they don't work the same way as Wine's do. And no you can't adapt Wine to work with native core dlls. Wine's "kernel" is the wineserver. It's a 100% user space program.