[Wine] Re: Screenshots - how to?

Bob Wya wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 20 09:35:18 CDT 2010

Can anyone think of a way to suspend a game running in WINE without losing screen output? I tried the following:

Code:
$ ps aux | grep wic.exe
$ skill -STOP <pid>

in the TTY0 console... However the screen is blank in the X-Session (CTRL+ALT+F7) until I resume the World in Conflict process!!

There must be a way to suspend the X-Session/game/WINE server with the display output frozen!! Obviously I still need to have access to the PRINT-SCREEN button/application... Any thoughts?

Like I said before - this is a big issue... World in Conflict has no screenshots submitted for it (in AppDB). I can't submit screenshots which have colour bars all down the frame (when they are the result of a capture issue/bug) - it doesn't help paint the WINE project in a very good light!
 [Wink]
Thanks
Bob
[/code]