[Wine] Re: Question about Steam.

Bob Wya wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 20 09:45:43 CDT 2010

Steam works very well for me in WINE 1.3.5.

However make sure that you follow all the fix guides (on the Steam page) in AppDB... I had problems with Steam until I ran the network fix.

Also make sure your GPU drivers are up-to-date. I had problems with the Ubuntu repository Nvidia drivers in Lucid. Mind you this manifested as Steam churning my Core i7 920 (@4Ghz) rig to a stand still (you might have noticed this)...  [Shocked]

BTW any reason to run Maverick?? Seems a bit bleeding edge to me (remembers the memory leak in 8.10 x64 that never got a back-ported fix) ...  [Laughing]

Bob