[Wine] Snooker 147 JHC Software

pixelblip wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 20 10:26:52 CDT 2010

Hi there

I've been trying to get my dad off windoze as it's rubbish!
People are very funny about Linux. If they can't run their little windows apps correctly they go back to the darkside.

I've skinned Ubuntu to look exactly like XP ( sad I know ) but that works. The only problem is getting his snooker game to work properly.
This is the program:
http://www.jhc-software.com/downloads.shtml
Snooker 147.

It looks like it runs fine ( which it does more or less) but the balls seem to judder around a bit when they slow down. I've tried so many things but it could be the way the program is written.

It's perfectly usable in wine but it's not as smooth as it could be. Any suggestions please?

He has a dual core Pentium D with 1.5 Gig Ram and onboard graphics and running Ubuntu 10.10 with the wine from the repoistory in 10.10

Sorry I know people have their little app requests and you can't fulfill all of them but I nearly got him moved over to Linux.....

Thanks for your advice.