[Wine] Starcraft II 1.1.2: Cannot load libGL

QuadraticFighter wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 20 15:59:36 CDT 2010

Hey everybody, I tried Googling specific problems with this but could not find any. I was working under wine1.3.4 when Starcraft II was in 1.1.1, but after successfully installing the patch 1.1.2 (for Starcraft II that is), I am unable to start the game, and it officially complains about DirectX not being installed. However, that's not true as we all know...

The terminal output is as follows:

Code:

xxx at xxx-laptop:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/StarCraft II$ wine StarCraft\ II.exe
fixme:process:GetLogicalProcessorInformation ((nil),0x32c86c): stub
[b]err:wgl:has_opengl Failed to load libGL: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory[/b]
err:wgl:has_opengl OpenGL support is disabled.
err:d3d_caps:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat.
err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter
Direct3D9 is not available without OpenGL.
[Irrelevant wininet nonsense omitted]

The error seems straight forward: we can't find libGL.so.1. But then the output of locate libGL is

Code:

locate libGL
[...]
/usr/lib/libGL.la
/usr/lib/libGL.so
[b]/usr/lib/libGL.so.1[/b]
/usr/lib/libGL.so.260.19.12
[...]

I had a look at winecfg, but I don't see any place where I can point wine to /usr/lib/libGL.so.1

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks.