[Wine] Re: Automated shortcut generation

klub wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 21 02:43:17 CDT 2010

vitamin wrote:

> klub wrote:
> > It does not create at all any shortcut.
>
> Wine doesn't create any icons until you install something.

Hmmm, so what happens on my first Debian box is just some magic?

Again, just installing a program with wine (using any setup.exe), after that I can see a new shortcut on my desktop AND in my Application menu. These shortcuts have a nice icon. I do not know if there are the same than in Windows, but they represent well the software.