[Wine] Re: Wine with Ati 3d Card

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 24 05:48:45 CDT 2010

iceb wrote:
> I tried this 2 times but everytime i tried I got big problems right after installing the driver. First I got small graphics problem like i desribed
> but then I was locked out of the ubuntu system and I could not
> log back on again right after I installed this very driver.

You are probably doing something wrong, but you need to ask for help with this on the Ubuntu forum. It's not a Wine question.

> So shall I buy another card ? Or is it fixable ? Without
> changing hardware ?

Try the proprietary drivers first, but be aware that the ATI proprietary drivers are often insufficient for Wine, too.
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-a96989ff3303c1f6c35a1f85e0680b7f6bcfd16f