[Wine] Re: Wine with Ati 3d Card

motub wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 24 14:45:52 CDT 2010

iceb wrote:
> hi is this the amagedon game u talked about  ?
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/mortalkombatarmageddon/video/6159538/mortal-kombat-armageddon-gameplay-movie-15?nonRedirectElement=1
>
> Please send me direct link to the game.......

No, it is not. What DaVince was referring to was a native Linux game, available via the Ubuntu Software Center. This game is a 3D game, so it can be used to see if your 3D drivers are properly installed and working under Linux. If so, then we can worry about getting Wine working. If not, then we're back to square one.

Open the Software Center and type Armagetron in the search field at the top. The Software Center should then list the Armagetron packages available to be installed. Install the game and see if it runs.

As for this update you discovered on the ATI site-- are you talking about an update to the Linux driver? Because the Windows driver and the Linux driver are two different things, and the Windows driver doesn't install/work under Linux, nor does the Linux driver install or work under Windows.....

.... I just had a terrible thought. You aren't trying to install the Windows ATI driver using Wine, are you? Because that will never succeed. You must install the Linux ATI driver using the instructions provided on the Ubuntu site I linked to earlier.