[Wine] Install driver for USB programming cable

winebob wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 24 17:57:32 CDT 2010

I have successfully installed an XP application in Kubuntu 10.04 to be used to program a new hand-held radio, thanks to WINE and Winetricks.

My system will not, however, recognize the usb programming cable and attached radio when I plug them in.

I have an XP driver for the cable... the question is, where do I install it so that the software can use it and I can see the radio??  Does it go in the WINE directory, or somewhere else?

Or is there another way I can get the system to recognize the cable without using the driver?? The system seems to recognize anything else I plug into the USB port.

Thanks

Bob