[Wine] Re: Possible wined3d Issue

Jinseta wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 26 06:08:35 CDT 2010

The point is to get my game to work, then the mods that go with it...

As for using plain Wine, I had attempted to do that. Trouble is I'm still learning Linux/openSUSE. I got lost in missing dll errors. Then I had issues between the SUSE/Wine and which should I install. I figured running the game on a virtual xp would be the simplest way to go...

I want to use Wine in the future, when I figure out how to use the thing. It was my initial hope that Wine could simply run the Win installer packages and poof - working game.

With all the work that I do, I just have to find the time to learn all this stuff. And there is a lot of stuff I have on my plate...