[Wine] What would it take?

MikeyCarter wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 26 08:24:31 CDT 2010

Back in 2000 I went on a mission to get rid of windows completely from the house.  I succeeded in 2007... however, the company I worked for is using the Apple iPhone for their phones... so now I'm right back in the mess with windows.

I was just curious what would it take to get the following working flawlessly in wine.  (besides a miracle.)

1.  iTunes  (with USB support for updating the iPhone)
2.  Older games such as Klingon Academy, Starfleet Command 1, etc
3.  IPX support, since that's how all these older games talked to each other.
4.  Garmin WebUpdater, for updating GPS firmware
5.  Garmin Mapsource

I realize there is Linux equivalent software for some of this, it's just for one reason or another I end up having to revisit them.

So I was just wonder what resources it would take... or how much money sunk into the project, or what?     Just curious.