[Wine] Integration between WINE and Host

kevavic wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 26 10:54:37 CDT 2010

I have a windows dll and some associated executables that need to integrate closely with native libs and code on a Red Hat Linux machine. The obvious solution for me is to keep the windows stuff on a windows machine and use sockets to exchange data with the Linux machine. However, I am wondering if this could be made simpler by using Wine (I am newbie). How difficult/easy is it to write programs that essentially sit over the Wine-Host boundary, without the need for virtual sockets etc?

Thanks in advance!!!