[Wine] running proEngineer with wine?

Notion D&D wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 26 18:05:50 CDT 2010

Hi guys.  My name is Chris, I am a complete newbie to Linux and Wine.  I searched around but really do not know yet what i am looking for so it makes the search tool not completely useful.

I was able to get proEngineer to install from the cd rom using a technique found on a post someone had regarding Diablo.  I had to go through a terminal window and make some calls in which it finally went through.  Now my issue is that when i attempt to open the program, I see a terminal window pop up for a second that displays a message then it goes away and nothing happens.  I have been able to snap a screen shot and if all goes well it will be attached.

ps here is what is listed in the exe file properties under command:
env WINEPREFIX="/home/chris/.wine" wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe \"C:\\proe2001\\bin\\proe2001-stu.bat\"

 maybe someone could lead me in the right direction as i am still a newb.
Thanks for your time
[Image: http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w160/nracingdev/Screenshot-1.png ][/img]