[Wine] Re: System Stutters/Skips with wine Under Load

klaxian wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 26 22:16:12 CDT 2010

Actually, I have now narrowed down the problem to something specific to my computer, support for my hardware in the Linux kernel, or poor memory management in the linux kernel.

I was able to produce the same problem after booting from a Debian 5 LiveCD and running a stress test.  Memory-intensive apps trigger the stuttering, but purely CPU stress does not.  The problem does not occur on Windows under the same conditions and it does not happen on another older Intel/nvidia system I tested.

I am currently testing my hardware, but I suspect a defect would show in Windows as well.  I still don't have a fix though.

I am happy to keep posting and provide closure on this in case anyone else has a similar problem, but this is certainly not related to wine.