[Wine] Re: d3dx9_36 : How to handle bug reporting

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 27 22:01:15 CDT 2010

Das Letzte Einhorn wrote:
> I was wondering if a dev or an experienced user could recommend me a method for bug reporting about this dll which is practical for devs

If you have an outright crash because of unimplemented function in a DLL then open a bug for it, if it's not already open. Like bug 24530 in your example.

If you have a crash / graphical artifacts in a game that is fixed by using a specific native DLL, then report that game, attach complete terminal output (as an attachment), assign the bug to the dll in question, and indicate that using native DLL resolves the issue. It would be much more helpful if said game has a demo and this demo affected by the same issue.

Das Letzte Einhorn wrote:
> The method of removing the overrides install programs does not always work because some games setup program will not install the game if they don't find the overrides setup program.

Just remove native dlls from system32/game's directory after installer is finished. Wine has it's own "dlls" in another place.