[Wine] Korg NanoKey under Wine

jordan triplesquarednine at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 14:40:42 CDT 2010

Hello today!

> I did some more testing last night. I ran "regsvr32 wineasio.dll" and am finally able to get the NanoKey to connect, BUT, I lose JACK audio. So I can either have audio or MIDI but never both at the same time. Not quite sure what I am missing. I also noticed once I ran that in the Terminal, even with a reboot, the original multi JACK config in Patchage/AudioMulch will not load. So for now, I'm stuck with just having wineasio. ASIO is an option in AM, but the application has to enable it, this freezes the application, gives error that driver may be corrupted, or configured incorrectly?

That is interesting, you shouldn't only have the choice of one or the
other. technically, they are actually seperate. meaning, you shouldn't
need wineASIO to have midi. WineASIO handles the audio, alsa-midi and
jack-midi handle midi.  You shouldn't have to pick between them. When
ASIO is selected, wineASIO driver should appear. Midi is handled by
jack or alsa.

I don't think you are stuck with just wineASIO, you should be able to
start audio mulch without jack running and then select a different
driver.   In the end you WILL want to use WineASIO though, as it
provides low-latency which direct sound does not.

I would try to compile WineASIO yourself, obviously the package you
are using is likely corrupt.  either try the new beta (which might be
the version i am using) or compile it.  You will probably have better
results.   Although ubuntu users love ppa's and binary software, more
often than not, compiling software from source code will provide a
better fit, more stability, etc.

That is what i would suggest.

anyway, get back to me, it sounds like you have some
compiling/experimenting to do. ;)
and if you run into a problem, drop me a line. i will help if i can.

jordan