[Wine] Re: running proEngineer with wine?

Notion D&D wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 30 17:50:41 CDT 2010

dimesio wrote:

> lite1979 wrote:
> > I don't see why you're trying to run it under wine when pro-engineer works natively in linux.
> >

> Probably because the company discontinued its Linux version in 2006.
> http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31759&PN=7&TPN=1

Only if it's the Linux version.  This is an old copy (2001) of the student version which is only offered for windows.  I am building this Linux machine to use in the garage.  I thought it would be handy for some personal projects that I could just work right there.  I figured that pre wildfire version worked on my old laptop that was no power monster back when I was in college, and that this Linux machine is plenty capable... Hardware wise.

If anyone else has something to add please feel free.  Thanks vitamin for your help so far.  I haven't had a chance to try the last post. Ill let you know how I make out.