[Wine] Natural Selection 2 alpha, Steam

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 31 11:48:47 CDT 2010

On 10/31/10 9:38 AM, Arakash wrote:
> Hi,
> I have preordered natural selection quite a while ago and it seems like it is getting to a playable state, so I wanted to know if anyone could help me (and many others :)), to get natural selection 2 to work with wine.
> I would gladly give you a console log, but i don't even know how i start steam-games from console :/.
> (when i try "wine Natural\ Selection\ 2.exe", it says that i need steam to run to start NS2, but steam is running already :/. Also I installed Steam using PlayOnLinux.)

Get rid of PlayOnLinux, we don't support it.  Start with a clean
wineprefix and then install the game from steam.  Run the game from the
command line and capture a logging file for us to review on-line at a
site like pastebin.com.  Post the URL in this thread where we can find
it.  Instructions on how to run programs from the command line are at:

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#run_from_terminal

and how to capture a logging file at:

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log

James McKenzie