[Wine] Compiling Wine with opengl support

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 31 11:53:28 CDT 2010

On 10/31/10 9:02 AM, Charles Davis wrote:
> On 10/31/10 9:55 AM, James McKenzie wrote:
>> On 10/31/10 8:43 AM, Peter7K wrote:
>>> Hi all. After upgrading to Maverick 10.10, and additionally using
>>> Nvidia beta drivers, it appears that my wine will not compile with
>>> opengl. I'm assuming it's a library issue, and I have this error in my
>>> config.log:
>>>
>>> wine
>>> libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:
>>> No such file or directory
>>>
>> Are you on a Mac?
> Why does that matter?
The error message points to a missing file on the Mac and should not
appear on a Linux based system.
>> This looks like a issue that needs to be resolved when running Linux on
>> a Mac and building Wine.
> No. That message is because Wine tries very hard to support OpenGL on
> Mac OS X. It's harmless on other OSes. The OP's problem lies elsewhere.
I did not want to 'assume' this.  That leads to improper directions.

If the OP is indeed running on a Mac, we need to modify the dylib check
so that it is bypassed when running Linux on one (I know of a lengthy
thread on the Fedora Users list where someone is trying to install FC13
on a Mac with the proprietary nVidia drivers and is running into issues.)

> @Peter7K: Look further in the config.log file. There must be some reason
> Wine couldn't find/use your libGL. I'll bet it has something to do with
> the fact that you installed Mesa on top of the nVidia driver's libGL. In
> that case, you should probably reinstall the video driver.

I agree with a driver re-install.  it is possible that incorrect drivers
were installed on a Linux installation on a regular PC type system.  I
did not want to recommend this until I was certain that the problem is
not a broken system detection script.

James McKenzie