[Wine] can't install microsoft office 2007

danielsender wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 3 11:28:49 CDT 2010

Hi,

I have a fresh install of Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 with wine 1.2. I inserted the Microsoft Office 2007 in the drive and when I open setup.exe with wine it comes back with a message "Setup did not complete successfully, We are sorry for the ..."

As a test of wine, I tried running some little programs unrelated to this Office package and they run well. I also copied the setup.exe to a separate directory and I got a different message: "Setup cannot find the required setup...", which indicates to me that wine is executing the setup program.

In the past I installed the same package (with the same disk) on Ubuntu Karmic 9.04 without any problems and more recently on a XP system so it is not a problem of the CD. In fact I copied the whole CD to a USB flash drive and ran it from there and I get the same message.

I'll appreciate any help.

Daniel