[Wine] Solidworks 2009 on Linux Mint 9

asafhacohen wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 3 19:01:21 CDT 2010

Hi all
I us Linux for some two years now, most of the time i us ubuntu ultimate edition.

since version 1.2 of wine I could also run Solidworks 2009.
The installation was made by the instruction on the AppDB:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=18101

Now I an trying  to us Linux Mint 9 ( ubuntu 9.10 )

I installed wine 1.2 and tried to install Solidworks like I did before on Ubuntu.
The installation ends with no errors, but the software refuse to run.
When i dabble click the solidworks icon on the desktop, i get : Starting solidworks , and after some 3 seconds its vanish, and thats all.

I tried the installation in Ubuntu again and under its works just fine.

Any idea what is the reason for this?

Assaf

Lenovo y550p
Nvidia Geforce 240M