[Wine] Kontakt doesn't respond to Akai USB MIDI Keyboard

iliverez iliverez at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 05:34:45 CDT 2010

Hi Jordan,

I can use kontakt with wine (wineasio, etc), but it is difficult to achieve
low latency for playing with a midi keyboard without pops and clicks. I have
even tried wine with the wine-rt patch. Could you provide some information
about your system (cpu, memory, audio interface) and jack and kontakt/wine
configuration?

Also, when using larger buffers and driving kontakt from a software
sequencer, e.g. tuxguitar, I usually get distortions when playing chords.

I use a dual core Athlon 5200+, 3gb ram, M-Audio 2496 with 32 bit real time
kernel PAE (AV Linux 4). I mostly run kontakt as a VST plugin with vsthost,
since I cannot "see" the midi inputs when running as standalone.

Could you also post which instruments/libraries/NI plugins you use and work
fine?

Thanks,
Yiannis