[Wine] Re: Use registry data previously used on a true Windows PC ?

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 8 05:50:56 CDT 2010

> May I reuse a profile just by openeing a .reg file with wine, or will it destroy/corrupt my installed Wine, used for 3 applications ?

If the reg file only contains configurations for your particular app, it should be safe to install it without problems.

If you ever "break" your Wine installation, you can always fix it by moving/removing the $HOME/.wine directory (though you'll also move/remove any software you installed in Wine in that specific prefix if you do).