[Wine] Re: Use registry data previously used on a true Windows PC ?

Markorki wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 8 08:22:09 CDT 2010

Thanks for such a fast answer ;-)

The .reg file has been obtained by exporting (regedit on the Windows PC) the registry key "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Exifer]", so I guess it should be OK, but...
I moved my .reg to my $HOME/.wine directory, and then I right-clicked on it and selected "open with Wine", and I get an error message box saying something like "No windows program configured to open this kind of file"

(my Ubuntu is in french , it says "Aucun programme Windows n'est configuré pour ouvrir ce type de fichier")

I tried with Wine configured as "98" or as "XP : same problem.
I suppose it is not a problem of character encoding (I can't open my .reg in Gedit, but it opens in Notepad), because Wine reads the .ini just as moved  directly from my Windows PC when I use XnView ?