[Wine] Kontakt doesn't respond to Akai USB MIDI Keyboard

jordan triplesquarednine at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 18:28:17 CDT 2010

Hey Yiannis,

You are correct, your hardware should be able to handle this stuff, no problem.
and It isn't a problem with Wine.(i highly doubt it). although
compiling it yourself, you can slightly optimize it.

So you can email me personally, instead of on the wine list. We are
straying, and actually talking more about
Jack, kernels and audio stuff.

You shouldn't require jack to be setup in winecfg. I don't have it
setup that way.

Also, when using standalone apps with wineasio, you control midi from
within the app not through Jack.
for example, if i am running a sequencer and i want to use NI Massive,
i would  go into the "audio midi options" and select the desired midi
in. ie: midi-thru or the specified application, i can see linux apps
that use alsa in Massive.

Kontakt you must run as standalone.

Are you using a compositing window manager?

jordan

(remember, just email me, this isn't wine related anymore, as i know
that Wine isn't the problem)