[Wine] Rfcomm0 to com1 (SeaClear2)

manxices wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 9 06:29:13 CDT 2010

I'm trying to configure SeaClear2 to run on an Asus eeepc 900 using a BT GPS but cannot redirect input from rfcomm0 to com1 (the serial port which SeaClear is looking for.

Data flows through to rfcomm0 but I cannot redirect it to com1.
I have set up symbolic links in the .wine/ folder and its sub-folder .wine/dosdevices/ but nothing happens and I have also set the SeaClear.ini file to show "rfcomm0"="com1".

With an earlier version of Wine this all worked Ok but, running version 1.1.21 seems to have caused things to go wrong.

Any ideas would be welcome ..... does anyone else have the same problem?