[Wine] In WineXO, how to change drive_c location?

PleegWat pleegwat at telfort.nl
Thu Sep 9 12:46:11 CDT 2010

On 09/08/2010 04:36 PM, alejol0 wrote:
> Hi, people!
> Because XO-1 has a little "disk" space, it will be nice if
> the location of drive_c can be moved to a SD card.
> Here in Uruguay, we do not have root permissions in our XO-1.
> We log in as user olpc an can change permissions only in some
> directories.
> And can create links to files but not hard links to directories.
> The SD card is mounted in /media/label_of_sd_card.
>
> I appreciate any help.

Instead of moving just your drive_c, you can put your entire wine
directory on the SD card. To do this, set the WINEPREFIX environment
variable:

$ export WINEPREFIX=/media/label_of_sd_card

Then install your software as you would otherwise. Any manually created
launchers should be adapted to set this environment variable as well, by
using the command

env WINEPREFIX=/media/label_of_sd_card wine ...

PleegWat