[Wine] Lucerne

jordan triplesquarednine at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 13:07:39 CDT 2010

> The LUK is trying to build into the kernel functions needed for Wine for
> hardware support.  This project has a particular smell to it, and it is not
> good.  We will have to wait and see what happens in the legal arena.

Part of that nasty smell, is having to run Linux always as ROOT user,
and wine apps as well. What a terrible idea.
You also have to disable SMP and other features of the linux kernel...

I actually emailed these jokers, about these issues, also the legal
ones, and I asked them how then can possibly think that there software
is GPL....? (which it no doubt violates) They didn't even reply.

I tested it out. I see absolutely no benefit from using it, and It's
also harder to make changes to Wine using LUK.

I wouldn't recommend this junk to any wine user/linux user. If used,
In the long run it will probably cause more grief than having any real
benefits. It will make your system less secure, unstable and likely
will result in hard lockups of linux. I experienced one in the first
10minutes of using it.

this implementation is straight up bad news.

jordan