[Wine] Morrowind

ryan woodsmall rwoodsmall at mac.com
Fri Sep 10 00:22:33 CDT 2010

> bump...

Don't do that. Some of us read/reply via email.

First off, what kind of video card do you have? Morrowind should work nearly flawlessly, but even with a mid-level or mobile Nvidia card FPS is likely to be somewhat low. Are you running a 64-bit OS, or 32-bit? Do you have the proper drivers for your display adaptor installed, and if you're running 64-bit, do you have the 32-bit libs installed?

You should update your Wine install. The stage (1.2) series is out of the release candidate stage at this point. If you're using a distro-provided package, that distro's forums can help you with getting a newer version installed.

Please also run from a terminal as requested and post the results; use pastebin or another text dump site if output is more than a few lines.

I'm playing through Morrowind on my Mac (with an Nvidia 9400m) using Wine 1.2 right now. Assuming you have a card capable of running the game, and the wherewithal to get your OpenGL drivers working, it should work. -r