[Wine] camstudio does'nt detect compressors. Err creating avi file

grlpesquisador wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 10 13:25:15 CDT 2010

Hi mates,

I've just installed camstudio on wine 1.2 without any problem.
As a known issue, after trying to run for the first time, it complained a missing dll (mfc42.dll). That was easy to solve and I got camstudio opening the recorder.

The problem started where, when I click on record. It says:

Error creating avi file!

I tryed so many things but the problem I found was the compressors list in OPTION -> VIDEO OPTIONS does not show any compressor.

I also add a registry entry but no change

Plz, does anyone could give to me a hint on how to solve that.
tks in advance.

P.S. here the regedit fix

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\avifile\Compressors]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\avifile\Compressors\auds]
@="{0002000F-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\avifile\Compressors\vids]
@="{00020001-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\avifile\Extensions]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\avifile\Extensions\WAV]
@="{00020003-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\avifile\Extensions\AVI]
@="{00020000-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\avifile\Extensions\AU]
@="{00020003-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}"