[Wine] gray mouse pointer?

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Sat Sep 11 13:16:57 CDT 2010

Anyone have ideas why the mouse pointer in all games is a light gray
color and very hard to see? I'm sure it's something simple that I've
missed in my setup but I can't find a fix in the appdb or wiki.

It is a consistent problem each time I run any game (examples:
SWGalaxies, WoW, Eve) and through three Wine versions (1.2.1, 1.2.8,
1.3.1). The mouse pointer looks like it has been cut and pasted into
the game from somewhere else - light gray color with black outline and
no details in the graphic for it. All other graphics/colors in the game
are fine.

In winecfg I unchecked the boxes in the graphics tab that let the window
manager (xfce) decorate and control the windows, but that didn't change
anything. I am not running any special desktop effects.

Wine 1.3.1, fresh install, 32 bit
Fedora 13 x86_64 w/32 bit drivers as needed for wine
nVidia 6150 SE  driver version 256.53