[Wine] Re: No sound, no information why, where to start?

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 14 09:28:33 CDT 2010

I'd like to make a comment here.

Spotify does work. It's when you try to actually play some music that things start failing - Spotify shows a little message saying that it can't play the sound because the "format is unsupported".

Well, it does this for me, anyway. Spotify used to play all music fine, now it doesn't and instead displays this message, and sound works just fine in almost all other apps (Wine or not).

Not sure if this is the actual message the original poster saw, if so, the problem *may* not be audio-related, or related to the network or audio decoding (OGG I believe) libraries instead.