[Wine] Re: No sound, no information why, where to start?

atle wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 14 12:29:23 CDT 2010

And by the way, if someone else is sitting on a ATI graphics card, and wants to use the built in audio function over HDMI/DVI, I needed  to create an /etc/asound.conf to get things working.  If not there was no "default" alsa device.

Here is what the file looks like for me:

Code:

pcm.mymix {
    type dmix
    ipc_key 1021          # must be unique!
    slave {
        pcm "hw:1,3"
        period_time 0
        period_size 1024  # must be power of 2
        buffer_size 8192  # ditto
        #format "S32_LE"
        #periods 128      # ditto
        rate 48000
    }

    bindings {
        0 0   # from 0 => to 0
        1 1   # from 1 => to 1
    }
}

pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "mymix"
}

pcm.dsp {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "mymix"
}

pcm.dsp0 {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "mymix"
}

pcm.dsp1 {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "mymix"
}

I don't know if dsp, dsp0 and dsp1 is needed, but they were in the example I copied.

After doing this it's possible to use for example:
aplay -D default someaudio.wav

What also could have been done was:

Code:

pcm.wine {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "mymix"
}

And then using 'wine' as a device exclusive for wine. But any other device than default seems to only allow one connection at a time, while default allows many.

That's what I've figured out so far. :)