[Wine] Re: Namo FreeMotion - how to run in Wine?

Dinogebiss wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 16 13:01:25 CDT 2010

So now I've deleted the .wine folder in my home, and the the .winetricks* folder.

Then I downloaded the new winetricks from here:
http://winezeug.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/winetricks

Then:
winecfg

and:
sh winetricks mono26
(mono2.6.7)

Then I installed NamoFreeMotion-2008 new.

After the first start of Namo, there comes a message window, that Flash-Player ActiveX is not installed, asking for download and install this programm. I desided to quit the window and installed flash with winetricks:
sh winetricks flash

It crashes, please look here:
~/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Programme/Namo/FreeMotion 2008$ wine FreeMotion.exe
fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x104ca, 0x131f70): stub
fixme:win:AnimateWindow partial stub
err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\Programme\\Namo\\FreeMotion 2008\\nmlicui.dll") not found

MFC42!

I installed mfc42 with winetricks:
sh winetricks mfc42

Next program start:
~/.wine/drive_c/Programme/Namo/FreeMotion 2008$ wine FreeMotion.exe
fixme:ole:DllRegisterServer stub
fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x104ca, 0x131f70): stub
fixme:win:AnimateWindow partial stub
err:tooltips:TOOLTIPS_Timer How did this happen?
fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x1ee620,0x1eebc8): stub

Whow - great! - it runs after typing my Namo Lizens in.
But there is a problem with drawing rectangles.
May be OpenGL is needed or DirectX ... what do you think?

What means tooltips timer? Any idea?

Thank you for your help!